Engine Performance Simulation
A broad range of technical questions regarding engine design and powertrain systems development can be addressed using 1D fluid-dynamic simulation and analysis. Our expertise in developing our own in-house simulation software tools and our wealth of experience in the application of 3rd party software gives us a unique and comprehensive understanding of the various numerical methods available to answer the question at hand.
We have a vast experience in the simulation of powertrain systems at all scales, from single cylinder research engines through all engine size classes to power generation. If you would like to hear more about the benefits with working with our team, please get in contact with us.
We have carried out numerous consulting projects in engine performance simulation some of which are summarised below.
Typical Customer Projects
- Optimisation of engine performance through simulation
- Analysis and troubleshooting of issues of engine knock through analysis of measured engine cylinder pressure
- Intake and exhaust system manifold tuning for both fixed and variable geometry systems
- Aftertreatment analysis
- Turbocharger matching analysis
- Analysis on vehicle performance and emissions of different engine/transmission/vehicle design choices
- Real-time engine models for diagnostics and control applications
- Camshafts design, optimisation and tuning
- 1D coupling with our own models and with 3D CFD
Benefits of Outsourcing Your Simulations
- Access to our world-leading expertise in simulating powertrain systems
- Delivery of fast, robust analysis to support key design decisions thus reducing testing
- Novel or niche solutions can be solved by our engineers (by developing plug-ins or alternative sub-models)
- Confidence in the robustness and sensitivities of the simulation results