Advanced Tools & Expertise in Fuel Technology
One of the strengths of our technologies is that they are fully fuel flexible. By tackling engineering challenges using detailed chemical models our software tools can be operated in the same way but can be adopted for different fuels by changing the fuel model. Each of our software tools are developed as “physics based” simulation tools enabling them to be more robust and effective for both conventional and non-conventional simulation challenges.
Our customers have benefited from adopting our simulation tools for many applications such as the energy, and powertrain sectors in terms of spark ignition, diesel, or advanced combustion modes. We also have advanced techniques for developing fuel models for complex fuel blends as well as the mixing of alternative and conventional fuels.
- Development of advanced fuel-oxidation models for any fuel
- Combustion simulations of conventionally fuelled technologies
- Advanced simulations of alternative fuels such as hydrogen, natural gas, ethanol, methanol, bio-fuels/gas etc.
- Operating limits, knocking, pre-ignition, misfire etc.
- Examining fuel characteristics
- Synthetic fuels
- Computation of key fuel characteristics such as octane numbers, ignition limits etc.
- Life cycle and well-to-wheel analysis