Training & Teaching
On-going staff development is critical to maintaining a state-of-the-art workforce. We provide teaching and training to our customers in the following areas;
- IC engine combustion and emissions formation
- Chemical kinetics – from fundamentals to practical applications
- Alternative fuelling concepts: biofuels, hydrogen, CNG, fuel-blends and dual fuels
- Autoignition, pre-ignition, knock in IC engines
- Coal and biomass based power generation
- CCS, CCU: CO2 capture, utilisation and storage
- data-driven modelling, uncertainty propagation analysis and surrogate model development
- Optimisation and intelligent design of experiments (DoE)
Examples of Recent Training Events
- A 1-day classroom and and virtual lab-based technical training entitled, “Physics-based multi-cycle engine simulations” – IFP School (France), CTI (Germany), Cambridge University (UK)
- A 2-day on-site (at cmcl innovations) virtual engineering laboratory focusing on the modelling of fuels, combustion and emissions in IC engine applications
- A 1-day client-site technical training module for OEM engineers: Utilising chemical kinetics for powertrain engineering applications – delivered at JLR, Toyota, Caterpillar, Navistar etc.
- International Energy Agency (IEA) GHG Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Summer School 2013: Techno-economics of Biomass for Power generation with CCS
- Advanced IC engine modelling: ECO-Engines 2006 Summer School, France.